The Happiness Project: Frank Lloyd Wright’s 10-Point Manifesto for His Apprentices.:
I recently read Frank Lloyd Wright’s Autobiography — a very thought-provoking work. In it, he includes a list of the “Fellowship Assets” that he outlined for the architecture apprentices he worked with at Taliesin, his summer home, studio, and school.
- An honest ego in a healthy body.
- An eye to see nature
- A heart to feel nature
- Courage to follow nature
- The sense of proportion (humor)
- Appreciation of work as idea and idea as work
- Fertility of imagination
- Capacity for faith and rebellion
- Disregard for commonplace (inorganic) elegance
- Instinctive cooperation
[Lots to think about here to be sure. BTW, I really like the Happiness Project and have read the book. Recommended.]