- The new thing is never as good as the old thing, at least right now.
- Past performance is no guarantee of future success
- Copy protection in a digital age is a pipe dream
- Interactivity can’t be copied
- Permission is the asset of the future
- A frightened consumer is not a happy consumer.
- This is a big one: The best time to change your business model is while you still have momentum.
- Remember the Bob Dylan rule: it’s not just a record, it’s a movement.
- Don’t panic when the new business model isn’t as ‘clean’ as the old one
- Read the writing on the wall.
- Don’t abandon the Long Tail
- Understand the power of digital
- Celebrity is underrated
- Value is created when you go from many to few, and vice versa
[Go read the whole thing, because a lot of this applies to everyone.]